CREATE A CHAPTER IN YOUR COUNTY!
Steps to Creating a Chapter
1) Every county needs one teenager who has the dedication, the will, and energy to make his or her chapter work!
2) Find a location to meet, whether its a place to eat, your house, or county party HQs you need a location that is convenient!
3) Find a time for your meeting. Avoid Sundays for many use sunday as family day, day to relax, church day, etc. Ususally during the school week are best (not counting Friday) and meeting in the evenings - usually around 7PM.
4) Spread the word! Invite friends, family, classmates, and people in general that you know that has an interest in politics or current events to your meeting.
5) What to do at your first meeting? You will hold temporary Chair over the meeting, get the contact information from all present (don't expect a huge crowd) and start drafting a Constitution. Even passing it with those present if you have too. Most Chapter Constitutions in the Nation are the same for Teenage Republicans, with just a few changes to work best for that specific chapter. You can get a copy of one of the county constitutions from either the Kansas Federation of Teenage Republicans or National TARS - just send a letter or e-mail to either of them. Start looking at leadership, you can elect leadership at your first meeting for Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, & Treasurer or wait till next meeting.
6) Send your application and a copy of your Constitution to the State Federation of Teenage Republicans.
Requirements to be Official
1) Must have an adopted County Constitution.
2) Must have elected leaders; Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
3) Must have selected a County Chapter Advisor (adult 20+ or older). This person can be temporary until you find someone in the political system, like a parent or teacher.
4) Must have filled out the National TARS application. Get a copy from either the Kansas Federation of Teenage Republicans or National TARs.
When those four easy requirements complete, send your copy to the Kansas Federation of Teenage Republicans. The State Executive Board can reject or approve your Constitution and application, therefore, making you an official member of the Kansas Federation and National TARS. The application can only be rejected if the requirements are not filled or false information.
State Vice Chairman Jameson O'Connor leads the state's recruitment efforts. Please send your required paperwork to him at: 221 Gateway Ct.
Wichita, KS 67230